Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Why I believe action novels communicate well to boys

I have preached for 17 years now from Sunday school boys to men in prisons and they just don't like having someone "tell" them what they should do. Men and boys also seem to need emotional stories (their kind of emotions) to get to their hearts. An amazing example is King David sinning with Bathsheba in the Bible - The prophet convicts him by using a story of a man with one little lamb and to summarize if you don't know the story another rich man with lots of sheep demands the man kill his one little lamb to feed his guest. God knew David would have been bull headed if he'd been accused of adultery with Bathsheba and the murder of her husband but the STORY opened Davids heart and convicted him beyond what any preaching would have done.
I have found the boys get more out of the action stories I write with a message then they ever have by my preaching at them - that is why I believe there is such a need for more of these action novels that are Bible based.

No comments:

Post a Comment